Tuesday, April 15, 2014

self conscious hurdles

I'm very self conscious. I look in the mirror and see every pimple, blemish, split end, cracked lip, etc. Most girls ultimately come to the question "am i ugly or pretty, skinny or fat, too tall or too short?" Which i seem to come to every time i look in the mirror. I know i'm not ugly no one really is but it doesn't help me one bit that there's girls in my school who look like Victoria secret angels with a side job of a gymnast. It sucks even more i have every single one of my classes with one of them. It's hard to compare but sometimes i wonder maybe it's just me. Maybe i'm just so judgmental of myself that i don't see that i'm just as good as her. Then there's days when i look in the mirror and see a fat ugly lump of lazy who has a face covered in grease. It's hard for girls, most boys don't understand that. We pick apart every detail of ourselves. I hope i can try and change this in the future it will definitely take work but i would do it if it meant comfort in my own body. It's just like hurdles. All's i have to do is take a couple leaps of faith and i'm on my way to self love rather than self loathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment